Wonder if Highlander will ever be rebooted for both movie & TV series.
If they reboot Duncan MacLeod's story later, here's how I picture it - Star Wars & Devilman style.
- A young mortal taken in by MacLeod
- Later becomes an immortal and someone Duncan loves dies.
- A few women the young immortal fell in love with are lost to him. One running from the law, one who he knew since childhood was forced to throw her out of his life, when realizing he couldn't protect her and her child.
- This causes him to waver from the pressures of being in The Game. A mysterious immortal offers him to be taken under his wing. He offers to help him with a woman who'll he'll have for the rest of his life and a child who he can pass on his legacy to him.
- This immortal however is evil and dangerous as the devil himself. He is one of the Four Horsemen, and he offers him a place as one of the newer Horsemen.
- Their goal is to end The Gathering, so that they be free to rule the world as they please. During some event, they successfully expose their race to the world causing panic and crisis. Prejudice and resentment, etc.
- Immortals are being hunted down and Duncan tries to stop his young apprentice from the madness he unleashed.
- Duncan wants to save him, but the young Immortal whose been filled with hatred from all the experience, he'd rather see them all dead and be the only one standing. But an accident causes him to fall and be burned alive.
- The evil Horseman saves him and restores him.
- The woman the young immortal fell in love with had a child. She gave birth to it before she died. It happened when she tries to beg him to stop the evil he unknowingly unleashed, but wouldn't listen as he feels paranoid that she betrayed him for MacLeod.
Just going by Star Wars' Anakin story
- Duncan sends the child to an orphanage where he can be adopted into a happy family and that he'd watch over him.
- The young child grows up but suddenly becomes immortal and Duncan trains him but wouldn't tell him of his parents' deaths until later.
- The young child's mission is not only to save his father but also end the war between mortals and immortals.
What do you think?